My experience includes twenty-five years as an information technology leader in both private and public, multi-campus research university settings, with over twenty of those years in senior management roles, and ten as Chief Information Officer. I most recently served as the Vice President for Information Technology and CIO at Northeastern University. I possess a proven track record for information technology leadership, enterprise IT project implementation, digital transformation, and am recognized as an innovative leader and team builder. Additionally, I have the vision to create strategic initiatives that align critically with the strategic goals of the institution. I also possess experience and expertise in the following areas:
- Innovative Information Technology Executive with ten years of experience as a Vice President and Chief Information Officer capable of digital transformation of large organizations and enhanced leadership of existing IT endeavors.
- Deep expertise in enterprise IT management, oversight and management of large staffs, projects, and budgets, with the ability to develop digital strategy to align information technology practices and systems with larger organizational goals.
- Experience with multiple enterprise platform (ERP) transformation programs, including the modernization of human resource, student, enrollment, learning, advancement, and financial systems.
- Proven ability to conduct large scale organizational assessments and rationalization strategies, refine and transform existing practices, develop governance and communities, and collaborate with diverse internal and external stakeholders and partners to advance the mission of the organization.
- Energetic, vocal, and dynamic leader with a passion for technology, excellent communication skills, and the ability to lead large teams, develop and motivate staff, and attract and retain talent.
- Creation of a “service centric” mindset to exceed the expectations of all audiences, including faculty, staff, students, parents, and alumni.
- Creative thinker capable of quickly envisioning solutions to meet both planned and crisis needs, ready to brainstorm with teams and identify the executive communication and resources required to implement solutions rapidly.
Vice President for information Technology and Chief Information officer, Northeastern University, July 2018 – September 2023 — Highlights
Associate Vice President for Information Technology and Chief Information Officer, The University of Chicago, September 2015 – June 2018
Vice President for Information Technology and Chief Information Officer, Stony Brook University, August 2013 – September 2015
Senior Director, Teaching and Learning with Technology, the Pennsylvania State University, November 2010 – August 2013
Director, Education Technology Services, the Pennsylvania State University, November 2005 – November 2010
Director, IST Solutions Institute, College of Information Sciences and Technology, the Pennsylvania State University, July 2000 – October 2005